Monday, October 1, 2012

No Place Like Autumn

 It's that time of year again - FALL! My absolute favorite. And this year, Mother Nature's drought is at least giving us an exceptionally grand fall here in Idaho.  The temperatures are warm in the day and cool at night - perfect!

The trees are changing color, and while these photos don't do the scenes justice, you can get the idea.


Our 12-year-old Cocker Spaniel loves all the smells of fall.


 I just couldn't resist posting a picture of my favorite daughter (I only have one daughter, so I'm allowed to say she's my fav!)





 Sunset on the Sawtooths. The fires in our mountains have given us some grand sunsets the past two months. Here we got a touch of rain.

Now what do these photos have to do with quilting? Everything! Fall is my busy work season, but it's also the season when my sewing room calls to me with so many projects!  I just got my sewing machine back from the repair shop, all tuned up and ready to go.  And I've taken an inspiring long arm quilting class from Karen McTavish.

So, with this change in season is a change in focus. And I am so, sew ready to stitch some little scraps of fabric together and quilt some great designs in them. What's on your To Do List for October?



1 comment:

  1. Oh, I look forward to seeing your McTavishing!! Your pics are stunning, we are starting to get color here in Indiana but I'm afraid the flatlands around here do not carry the same photogenic punch...

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...