Monday, June 30, 2014

ALYOF June Goal Complete

With the total lack of time I've had in June to do anything Quilty, I am amazed that I completed my goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes.  I'm still not sure if this qualifies as a 'finish' except I did 'finish' this goal, which was to get the fabric cut out for my niece's wedding quilt.


There it is: a stack of pieces. I actually was able to get all the half squares sewn in half and cut. Now I need to iron them out and trim.  The wedding is the third week in August, so I have some time, but I am going to try to get it finished by the end of July.

And in the spirit of summer, I'll share just a couple of vacation pictures with you.  We traveled to Oregon to help our son celebrate his graduation from college - YES!  Then we took a grand tour down the coast all the way to northern California to see the Redwoods, then back up to Medford to see an old friend, and then over to Bend so I could do a convention for my Day Job. Just got home last night. This was the first time in more than 30 years that we have taken two weeks away from work at the same time. HOW FUN IT WAS!!! Awesome good fun.  I think retirement might be A-Okay.

Here I am in front of the Needles of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach, Oregon. I love the ocean!


Hiked along the Deschutes River near Bend, Oregon. Wished we had our fishing rods with us - beautiful stream.




Back to my desk work and then tomorrow is a Quilting Day - hurray!

Always quilt with a smile,
Barb

Linking up to ALYOF

8 comments:

  1. Seriously June was that way for me too!! Whew! I'll probably post my June goal as a WIP...unless a miracle happens later this afternoon! LOL! Love the Oregon coast too....so glad you were able to get away and enjoy life. Congrats on son's graduation. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a great vacation! Congratulations to your son. Too bad our schedules did not mesh. It would have been great to actually meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preparation is the name of the game! I look forward to seeing your quilt as you go along. Looks like you had a wonderful trip! I have seen so much of the east coast but look forward to tour the west someday soon! Congratulations on you sons graduation--I know you are one proud Mamma!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah!!! At least you got the fabric cut out! Looks like you had a great trip! Vacations are so much fun. You need to do more of them. Have fun quilting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. June has flown by for me, too. I swear every year time goes by faster and faster!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I like the idea of practicing for retirement! I'd say your cutting counts as a finish if it was your goal. Now I want to see how you put everything together, so get cracking! Lol! :-) The soft plaids you've chosen as your lights are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation and I remember visiting Oregon and loved the ocean!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Getting everything cut out for a quilt is a great goal to get accomplished! Your vacation looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...