Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Ambitious Thinker Here: Third Quarter Finish-A-Long Projects

Ambitious, yes. Motivated, yes. A Finisher? Maaaaybe?

It seems I have started way more projects than can fit under my needle, so I have written them down here, and will print them out, mark them off, and be thrilled when they are all completed! Do you have to do that? Keep specific track of your quilting projects because you leap over to a new one now and again? (Mostly again....)

At any rate, thanks to the Finish-A-Long, I am declaring that I shall strive to complete the following projects by September 30, 2018.

Blue Quilt patiently waiting to be quilted


1. Scott and Lauren's Quilt - cutting it out now. Needs to be completed by Sept. 28 for their wedding!!!!
2. Christmas Bed Runner 1 - Binding
3. Christmas Bed Runner 2 - Binding
4. Christmas Table Runner - finish quilting and binding
5. Quilt Blue Quilt - Quilting
6. Quilt Yellow/Blue/Red Quilt - Quilting
7. Finish Manger Quilt - piece, quilt, bind
8. Quilt Animal Christmas Wall Hanging

I think that's it! I really need to concentrate on #1. Our son is getting married at the end of September, and they will be using this quilt in their ceremony. And it's the project that needs the most work. No pressure here, lol! I know I can do this and they will love it (the "loving it" part is a given 💕).

Okay. Off to start the process. What are your goals for the rest of the summer? I find I actually sew/quilt more when it's too hot outside to do much!

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

9 comments:

  1. Good luck! You can do it!
    Hey, I'm wondering what size you are making your bed runners. I have a really old UFO Valentine bed runner and I guess I stalled out on what size to make it. Well, that's one of the reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Part of the reason I like the FAL is that I have ALL my projects listed in one place so none get forgotten. Now, my list is MUCH longer than yours, but I still put them all down, so each quarter I can look it over easily and reassess my priorities. Good luck on your projects! Looks like you're real close on a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You certainly have lots to keep you busy stitching! Hope you're able to meet your deadline, keep us posted on your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go, go ,go Barb! I know you can do it.

    I realized I have dropped my UFO list somewhere along the way and have not been focussing on finishes. It is time to start another list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb I am just the same and have to write a list to make sure I don't forget anything and yes I do tick them off as I do them and I do this will all projects. I love lists. I hope the wedding quilt goes well, I bet you are so looking forward to the event. Happy sewing. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so easy to have that happen. For me, it's wool. I see a good deal on wool, and buy some for a project, only life happens and I don't always get to it. Making a project list is such a great idea. Best wishes on making progress on your quilting list. And congratulations on your son's upcoming wedding-how exciting for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always made christmas gifts for others. this year it is for our house. your bed runners and table runner are wonderful. yup i agree, always go with a plan B if needed
    quilting dash lady at comcast dot net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I absolutely have to record them, in more than one place, and it's one reason why I blog! One of my tabs is "Back Burner" for things I don't want to forget, but there's also WISPS for things that are definitely UFOs. LONG list. I love the backing fabric on your blues quilt and will have to search for pictures of the front now. And half your list is done, thanks to the Christmas in July! Good luck with the wedding quilt - you have two months, you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a good list! Good luck with it and, on behalf of the 2018 FAL hosts, thank you for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...