A week into the new year and I've got my work cut out for me. But it's all good! I'm getting caught up on projects that were MIA, and I'm learning some new things along the way.
Here's what's on my list for first quarter finishes for 2018:
1. Finish up this colorful table runner. I picked this up as a kit at the quilt shop in Sisters, Oregon, about three years ago. This week I found it again and decided it was high time to get it pieced, quilted and on my table! Plus it has some wonderful purple, which is this year's Pantone Color of the Year. So trendy, yep, that's me!
2. Finish up this table topper. This little gem was part of a QAL about four years ago. I remember wanting to do something really fancy in the centers of the blocks, but I was a fresh, new longarmer at the time and was afraid of messing up. Now, I know that whatever I put in the centers will be just fine. I might say, "I've come a long way, baby!"
3. I've pulled these fabrics so I can learn curved piecing. I'm taking a class with Ann Peterson on Craftsy, and I must say she is an excellent teacher! I decided I will learn by doing, so I'm on Lesson One, which is to make a set of placemats. I've even cut out the templates. My long-term goal is to make a quilt for my son, and it is covered with curved piecing, and paper piecing! I've got my work cut out for me on that one, but it's a goal for another quarter.
4. This is my scrappy project, which I'd like to finish up in January. I started it about a year ago, and it's been sitting on my cutting table, shoved clear to the back, all this time. It was lonesome! And it's a great way to use up some scraps. Four blocks down, about 26 more to go. Yikes!
5. I guess I'd also like to add the quilting and binding of two quilts that have been hanging in my closet for almost two years now. One is a simple patchwork.
6. And the other is a large star pattern from Angela Walters.
That should do it! Fun, fun, fun.
Quilting with a smile,
Linking up with:
Needle & Thread Thursday
Let's Bee Social
A week into the new year and I've got my work cut out for me. But it's all good! I'm getting caught up on projects that were MIA...
Spontaneity is my middle name. And so when I read Kim Lapacek's blog about the challenge for Project Quilting - Tuned Into Texture - I d...
Today I wanted to share a nifty little trick I came up with that saves me a lot of time and trouble. And money! It's my Do It Yours...
Last week I had just a really fun time quilting! Most of the quilts I quilt are fun, but this one was just a joy! I had this Metro Ring...