Sunday, January 7, 2018

2018 First Quarter Finish-A-Long

A week into the new year and I've got my work cut out for me. But it's all good! I'm getting caught up on projects that were MIA, and I'm learning some new things along the way.

Here's what's on my list for first quarter finishes for 2018:

1.  Finish up this colorful table runner.  I picked this up as a kit at the quilt shop in Sisters, Oregon, about three years ago. This week I found it again and decided it was high time to get it pieced, quilted and on my table! Plus it has some wonderful purple, which is this year's Pantone Color of the Year. So trendy, yep, that's me!



2.  Finish up this table topper.  This little gem was part of a QAL about four years ago. I remember wanting to do something really fancy in the centers of the blocks, but I was a fresh, new longarmer at the time and was afraid of messing up. Now, I know that whatever I put in the centers will be just fine. I might say, "I've come a long way, baby!"



3.  I've pulled these fabrics so I can learn curved piecing. I'm taking a class with Ann Peterson on Craftsy, and I must say she is an excellent teacher!  I decided I will learn by doing, so I'm on Lesson One, which is to make a set of placemats. I've even cut out the templates.  My long-term goal is to make a quilt for my son, and it is covered with curved piecing, and paper piecing! I've got my work cut out for me on that one, but it's a goal for another quarter.



4.  This is my scrappy project, which I'd like to finish up in January.  I started it about a year ago, and it's been sitting on my cutting table, shoved clear to the back, all this time. It was lonesome! And it's a great way to use up some scraps. Four blocks down, about 26 more to go. Yikes!



5.  I guess I'd also like to add the quilting and binding of two quilts that have been hanging in my closet for almost two years now. One is a simple patchwork. This will also be my March OMG goal, getting it quilted and bound!



6.  And the other is a large star pattern from Angela Walters.



That should do it! Fun, fun, fun.

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with:
2018 Finish-A-Long
Linky Tuesday 
Needle & Thread Thursday 
Midweek Makers 
Let's Bee Social

16 comments:

  1. You definitely were ahead of the trend with your purple in your table runner!! It is going to be beautiful! Busy lady with all your projects going. I totally understand your "want to do something fancy" with your quilting when you were new to quilting and after a few years you know it will look great no matter what you put there! Can't wait to see what you do in those "waiting for fancy" squares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to get yourself organized for 2018 - looks like it's going to be a great "finishing" year for you! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great set of projects. I love seeing what everyone is going to be working on in the year and hope your projects go well. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a fun and doable list! I think starting with the table runners is a great way to jump start the year! with a couple smaller, quick finishes! Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Barb,
    You have some great goals, and ones that will keep you interested and able to finish. I just LOVE that first table runner. Ooooooh, I said as I looked at the picture . . . and then took the time to read your words. HAHA I had to keep scrolling back to look at it - I really love it. I'm glad you are finishing that - I look forward to seeing it complete along with all of its buddies! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects for your FAL list, wishing you luck in meeting your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh - pretty table runner. I like those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very colorful table runner indeed! Definitely a beautiful addition to the table

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you have some beautiful projects going on there. Can't wait to see what you do in the center for the table topper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great projects Barb, you'll love curved piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful projects and your quilting...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, that's awesome that you're so organized and that you've set such great goals! I'm curious to hear how you like curved piecing as I've really struggled with that one. I love the colors of your table topper, that should be fun to finish.
    Best wishes on achieving all of your goals,
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such great projects you have going on. I love the colors and the design of the table runner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goals help us move along with our projects. It's always good to realize your skills are moving too. Good luck with your long arming and piecing. Let's both keep moving forward in 2018. (hum, maybe I should make some long term goals this year!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have a couple of great projects for the Pantone color. ;D Pretty quilting happening there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely project although I'm not sure which one is for OMG! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...