Sunday, June 4, 2017

Pastel Sweetness Nearing the Finish

Sometimes quilts surprise me. And this was certainly one of those.


This was made with a simple pattern from a jelly roll that I had sitting in my closet for way too long. The blocks were actually fun to make, but as I was stitching them together, I wasn't 'seeing' how they'd look all together.

Even when I placed them on my design wall, I wasn't feeling it. What I did feel was that I had wasted a lot of money for the fabric and a lot of time for the construction, all for not.  I typically lean towards bright, vivid, vibrant colors in my quilts, and this pastel was, well, just too pastel for my tastes!

But then I put the sashing on, using Kona Snow. And then I quilted fun, dancing feathers across in an edge-to-edge pattern. And suddenly, voila! I laid it out, stood back to take a look, and now I really, really liked it. Go figure!

All I have left to do is put the binding on. I've chosen a soft baby blue, which I hope picks up the blues from the quilt.  In fact, in my search for that perfect binding, I ended up reorganizing my entire fabric closet. OMG, that should have been an OMG goal all in itself. Took two days, and lots of stress and anxiety about all the quilting projects not yet started. But now the closet is under control, this quilt is almost finished, and life is good.



Since it's summer and we're taking a trip of a lifetime soon and I won't be able to quilt much this month, I've chosen this as my OMG goal. I'll get that binding on there and it will be all set to go to a good home :)

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with:
OMG

7 comments:

  1. It's nice to switch things up once in a while. I'm not a super fan of pastels but I find myself leaning towards them more and more. This is a very nice quilt - way to finish up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, it looks really lovely, and I know what you mean when you just can't see how something will turn out - but you have done a terrific job on this quilt, well done. Love to know where you plan to go tripping - wherever you go, safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it a lot too! Great choice on the quilting. It really ties everything together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adding a binding to a quilt is a great goal. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great that you like the quilt so much better, that always feels good when your feelings change as the quilt progresses. Can you come organize my sewing room?? Nice result! Okay, so what's the trip of a lifetime? I missed the intro on that....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Kona Snow sashing and think the light blue binding will frame your quilt nicely. Here's to great progress in completing June's OMG project. Happy travels to you!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...