Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm Getting There

Quilt top is finished - whew!

Now I just need to finish up the quilt I have on my frame and get this one quilted.


I had set a goal to have it done by the end of January for The Lovely Year of Finishes.  But, now I'm thinking that I'd like to work on it 'after' I take classes by Judi Madsen and Lisa Sipes in Phoenix the first week of February.

Camber is wondering what the heck I'm doing!

I don't know, though. I hate to not make a goal.  And I did say I'd get it pieced, quilted and bound by January 31. What the heck was I thinking?


It feels good to make progress like this.  If I can truly finish up a project of my own, once a month, during 2014, I will be feeling quite accomplished!

And wait until you see my scrappy block quilt called Freedom Quilt.  It's all together and is waiting in line to be quilted.

Remember to quilt with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday and Finish It Up Friday.

12 comments:

  1. Pretty. Good luck with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is so beautiful! Don't push yourself too much with the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt top. Love your choice of background fabric. It really makes the pattern pop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I love this!! the colors just pop against the background!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! Love this top! Quilting is really going to make it come alive! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out really nice! I love all the colors! Yep....I think you need to go ahead and finish this to meet your goal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! You need to go ahead and finish this one by the end of the month - you'll be able to quilt your hiney off after those classes in AZ.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree...you have an already established skill set...go for goal! (Love the quilt top!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is gorgeous! I would love to comment on quilting it, but with the stacks of UFO's in my room, I have no room to talk about when anyone gets theirs done! LOL!!
    Can't wait to see it all quilted up though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pattern that has been popping up all over and it never fails to please! Beautiful job on this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made one of these! I *love* this. And I'm SO STINKIN' JEALOUS of your upcoming quilting class. Have fun there for me, too. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this pattern and have seen it on some other blogs. Your version is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...