Tuesday, May 2, 2017

OMG, It's Llamas to the Finish Line!

May is going to be a fast month, I can feel it!  Winter seems to go on and on and on, and add to the fact that spring in the mountains arrives about 4-6 weeks later than lower parts of our state, and BAM! It's summer! So, yah,  May is already speeding by.

With that in mind, I'm setting my OMG (One Monthly Goal) goal to finish my Llama Quilt. 


I just got her quilted, and the binding put on. That was kinda crazy! I was just short of the binding fabric by about 6 inches. Rather than rush out to my LQS, I have given myself the challenge of using what fabric I have in my stash. (I could live a long, pleasant life based on my stash, lol...). So I got creative and  pieced together the fabrics that were in the blankets and pompoms of the quilt to make a patchwork-sorta-binding strip, and scattered them throughout the binding. I think I'm going to like the look. A lot!



So now the hand stitching. For me, that might take the whole month, lol.  But that's my goal - to get this quilt completed so the rightful owner (me) can start using it!

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with:
OMG
Oh Scrap!
Main Crush Monday
Midweek Makers
Needle and Thread Thursday

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful. So happy and pretty. I love the FMQ you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll make this OMG EASY!! I just realized I missed the OMG finishes post. That is the third time in a row! What is the matter with me? Your llamas turned out so cute, Barb. You make fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrappy bindings! your quilt is so awesome. I have the pattern... will get to it one day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are really going to enjoy that. You did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those lamas are so cute! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck on your project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this quilt so much! You did an excellent job with the fabrics, the pattern choice and right down to the quilting design. No wonder it's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this quilt! Great job using the fabrics you have. In fact, I think doing so made the quilt even more special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, that is the perfect binding! Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your goal! Like your creative binding!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super adorable critters, and the binding really will complement the quilt. I like the quilting a lot, too. It's going to be a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh so cute! Good luck with your OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb, your quilt is soooooo cute! love it and the binding will just keep it popping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Llamas are near and dear to this family's hearts so I give you a big vote of confidence. Those could be our two if you added funny teeth, and I love llamas with banana ears! I am so happy to hear you say you are making use of your extensive stash. It's so, so hard to make that commitment, but well worth the effort. Fabric is there to be used.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So fun!!! Love your quilting too. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...