Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Star is Born. Sorta.

As I finished this little quilt, I just kept thinking "A star is born!" As I added the star as the crowning piece to this fun little tree, I just couldn't get that out of my head. Must have been that the third remake of the movie was in theaters this month, lol.

 

I had great fun making this wall hanging with this Yuletide Fir pattern by Susan of QuiltFabrication. I must admit there was some unstitching to be done, to get all the points as close as possible. But in the end, it was worth it.



Once the flimsy was together, I stood back and didn't like the gold fabric that I had used for the star. It was too light colored, and actually looked very similar to the tree trunk.  I didn't take a photo of it, but suffice it to say, I ripped out the star piece and restitched it with something that would stand out - a sparkly red!




I am happy to share that I bought this pattern this summer, and I actually made it up before it started gathering dust in my sewing studio. Go, me!  It even works nicely for our living room coffee table! It measures about 17 x 21.



I've listed it for sale in my Etsy shop, Mountain Quiltworks, but I'm hoping it doesn't sell. I'd like it for myself! Maybe I'll just have to make another one.....

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with:
Oh, Scrap!

Monday Making
Let's Bee Social
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop
Finished or Not Friday
Midweek Makers
Needle and Thread Thursday

31 comments:

  1. It always cracks me up to learn that there is a remake of a movie that was already made in my lifetime! (Are we that old?!) I love your tree! It's such a fun layout of the triangle shapes. I would want to keep it for myself, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish Barb. You did a wonderful job with the quilting. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely mini! Beautiful tree, and the quilting is really enhancing it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! "Go you" to finish something Christmas-y BEFORE Christmas! Love the quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely little quilt! I really like Susan's pattern, though I haven't tried it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go, you!! What a super little holiday mini :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute quilt! Loved the new remake of Star is Born!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job. The Ruby bauble on top is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your version looks great Barb! I like the title too, as it may be more fitting than Yuletide Fir. Too bad the movie wasn't out at the time I made it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That turned out wonderful, love that your quilting accents it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's too cute to sell! Take it right off again and keep it! I love that you show the backing. It's a great quilted pattern. The red star is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Barb! I agree - I hope it doesn't sell as it sure looks nice on your table. Although, you could very easily make another for yourself AND enjoy the sale for someone else to enjoy your piece. BTW, this is actually the fourth remake of that movie. Just sayin - a coworker clued me in just last week. I remember the last version because my boyfriend at the time was in it as an extra. We had to watch the movie several times to see how many times we could spot him! LOL ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely little quilt and the red star was definitely a great choice. Yous quilting also adds so much impact.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great little quilt. I love how the triangle points stick out from the bottom of the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is stunning. I'm with you, I'd have to keep it for myself. Denise@fortheloveofgeese

    ReplyDelete
  16. How gorgeous! The tree is so cute and different! Your quilting is perfect!!! Just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Isn't it funny how we get something in our minds from our quilting?! It can be just about anything too! I love your tree and am a bit jealous ! I never make holiday quilts or any kind or size!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just how gorgeous a mini can be! Your quilting is exceptional - underlining the Christmas tree design.

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! The quilting is perfect and really makes the star look like it's shining.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Had to chuckle out loud. Go YOU! It is cute, and you should be proud it's a pre-season finish. I think the points on the bottom of the tree are really a neat detail. I'd want to keep it too. Christmas IS coming this year, isn't it? Seems like the years are going much faster anymore. Enjoy yours.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your quilting on this is stunning! It really makes the piece -- I can see why you'd want to keep it for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is really lovely. I was not surprised to find that it was one of Susan's patterns, she has a beautiful style I greatly admire. And you have done it great justice. Thanks for linking up to the Chameleon's party :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just in time to enjoy it for the holidays! I love the design and the quilting that you did. Small quilts are just fun to make, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gosh that is adorable!! the quilting just makes it pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute! I love how the triangles are offset a little so they poke out from the top and bottom of each row.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This turned out so nicely! Love the quilting on it.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...