Monday, May 14, 2018

Lewe The Ewe Baby Quilt

Baby quilts just seem to be my thing lately! Something must be in the air, because I am just drawn to making them!



My latest baby quilt was this cute quilt made with a center panel of cute little lambs from the SusyBee collection. I may, or may not, have gotten carried away with the FMQ on this one! You know, when you're on a roll, you just go for it!



I'm a member of Quiltsy, a team of quilters on Etsy who have shops featuring our favorite quilted wares. The team is just finishing up a Challenge to create a baby quilt with the sheep/balloon focal fabric.



There were many entries, and all of them were different. It was so fun to see how creative the other quilters were in developing their own ideas about this challenge quilt.



You can see more of the challengers' quilts on my Pinterest board, Lewe The Ewe Quilt Challenge.

Quilting with a smile,
Barb


13 comments:

  1. What baby (and Mom) wouldn't love this?! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you quilted the sheep. The Minky on the back is a wonderful choice. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your outer borders and all the quilting. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute - and then you put minky and a darling label on the back - even cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I love the sheep and the borders that you did. Fun quilting all over that adds to the dimension. I like your label, do you mind asking me where you ordered it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Barb, I love this panel and made if for DH's first grandchild, Evalyn. I know what you mean about Baby Quilts. They go together really fast and look super cute and you get a quick finish, especially if you have been working on a big project which takes months. Love the outer colours you chose. Hugs, Susie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so adorable! I love the panel and how you quilted it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilty is amazing! Congrats on finishing this beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an adorable quilt with, no surprise, stellar quilting. :-) I can see why you have a thing for baby quilts; they are fast and satisfying finishes right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. What adorable fun! So you did that on your domestic machine, not the longarm?

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...