Hand stitching the binding down on this darling quilt was my May goal for the One Monthly Goal (OMG). And also on my Second Quarter Goals for 2017 Finish-A-Long!
As I was stitching along, I found that I really, really liked having the scrappy bits of color scattered around the outside of the quilt! If you remember, I found I was just a few inches short of having enough charcoal solid binding. So I improvised and pieced strips of the accent colors I used within the quilt for the pompoms and blankets, cut them to 2.25" strips, and incorporated them in the binding. It was a win-win!
This was my fun quilt, and it's still one of my favorites!
For the quilting, I free-motion quilted it in a free-form of rectangular swirls. I mixed the sizing up, primarily so I wouldn't have to be exact in the placement, but also to give it some interest and allow the eye to move across the quilt.
I guess I should name my llamas. The Elizabeth Hartman's pattern says they are Lloyd and Lola but to me they look more like Max and Maxine! Yep. Max and Maxine are in the house!
Quilting with a smile,
Linking up with: