Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Catching Up On Solstice Blocks

We were fortunate enough to take a little vacation in February and get out of the snow and the cold for awhile. It was wonderful! But the downside was that I got behind on my BOMs.  Now I'm playing Catch Up!

Here are the 182 Day Solstice Challenge Blocks 14 and 15.  Both were fun to make. I machine zig-zagged around the edge of the petal appliques. In retrospect, I'm afraid I didn't read the instructions closely enough to know if we were supposed to needle turn the petals? Or not?  So I just did what was most enjoyable for me, and that was machine stitching them.







We are progressing quite nicely on this quilt. It's going to be a HUGE one!  But that's okay with me. It's great to end up with a bed-sized quilt after all this work.

But wait! There's more. I guess I hadn't posted the 13th block, Studio Time. I took the time (and fabric) to fussy cut the center blocks, and I think that gives it a nice effect.

 I must say I have been looking forward to each of Pat Sloan's new blocks - we get a new one every two weeks. They are larger than what I'm used to working with (most are 12.5 inch blocks), and they are relatively easy to complete and don't take a lot of time. I do believe this will be the first sampler quilt I'll actually complete. Go, me!

What have you been working on this week?

Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up with:
Needle & Thread Thursday
Linky Tuesday

4 comments:

  1. Such pretty fabrics and blocks! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sampler quilts!! Those are great blocks made with fun fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your color combinations of teal, yellow and blue. #13 is my favorite. Can't wait to see the complete set. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...