Sunday, January 29, 2017

January Happy Stitching

This January has been a strange month for me. We've had greater than anticipated levels of snow. Our wildlife - the deer, elk, moose, antelope - literally have no source of feed because everything is covered with more than four feet of snow. They come to the doorstep, eating rose bushes and thorny bushes because that's the only thing available. It's heartbreaking!

 

I've had three friends who have experienced the passing of their fathers. I have dealt with my own family trials. And I fret about my husband who has to travel on slick, snowy, wintry roads.

And then there's the change in administration in D.C., but I won't even go there.

So what am I doing to distract my mind? Going to my happy place, of course. My sewing studio!!!

I have completed three quilt tops, and quilted another. It just needs the binding to get a complete finish on it.  I've taken an online class, have refrained from buying (too much) new fabric, and I have gone through my stash to take an inventory of Quilts-I-Want-To-Make-Someday-And-Actually-Have-Fabric-To-Make-Them.


I did get this top pieced together. The fabric for the backing is lying below. It's on my To Do List for this week to get it quilted and bound. I've had this pattern and fabric for about three years, so it seemed to be a good time to get 'er made!  Oh - and you can see on my design wall, I actually have another scrappy quilt assembled and ready to sew on some sashing strips.

I've also been working on Pat Sloan's 182 Day Solstice QAL.  Just finished Block 6. Here's how they are coming together:


So far, so good! It is always interesting to fully trust a Mystery QAL. It goes against my nature - I want to see what the finished product is, and I want to see it now. Having to wait is a killer.


Quilting with a smile,
Barb

Linking up to:
Main Crush Monday
Linky Tuesday 

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have a happy place to escape to, and I hope you find some peace there. I look forward to seeing your quilt when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't we just love our happy place?? Your quilt is lovely; I love the red plaid here and there.

    Love those "two by four" blocks on the wall as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we lived in Alberta we would get deer in our yard, and moose(!) on a daily basis, well, not the moose, but the deer, so seeing this reminded me of those days, and that kind of snow! Wow, I love the fabrics and pattern of the quilt on the longarm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just check if I am a no-reply blogger!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...