Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It's Time!

I have missed my little blog spot, here in the Quilting Universe! I believe it's high time to get back to putting words to paper and sharing a little bit of my corner of the world with you!



2016 has been quite a year for me. First, a total knee replacement in March. Then, after 17 years, my retirement from my Day Job and training of my replacement, transitioning from Working My Day Job at Home to just quilting (pure joy!), and all along the way, working with my daughter plan her wedding which is coming up October 1, which if any of you have experienced this, it has potential to make blood pressure go up!

Whew! Makes me tired just writing about all that.  But in retrospect, even though I've had some problems with the knee replacement recovery, it has been a good year so far!



I'm spending most of my time in my sewing studio, which is a pure joy for me! These photos are a sampling of what I've been up to this summer.

I've even had time to rearrangement my thread storage - how awesome is that!



So, even though I am beyond busy throughout September, I want to make my blog a regular part of my quilting life again. Join me, if you will, as I love to have company along for the journey!


Quilting with a smile,


Barb

Linking up with:
Quilt Fabrication Midweek Makers
Linky Tuesday
Needle and Thread Thursday
Let's Bee Social
TGIFF 
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop 

15 comments:

  1. Welcome back, Barb. You are going to find your days very full with retirement - fun sewing times ahead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back Barb. Hope the knee continues to improve. Love the bright little quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back! You have had quite a year - hope there's a vacation in there after the wedding.
    Your projects are lovely! I can tell you have been having fun in the sewing room!
    Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo, thread envy here. :D Welcome back and we're right here waiting for you next post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I just realized you are an Idahoan! Yahoo! You're the second Idahoan I've met online today after several months with not a peep from Idaho.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello my friend! Glad to hear that you are doing better with the knee replacement and are settling into the retired life. I also plan to return after the holiday weekend--however we might be getting some bad weather.Looking forward to having more time to read yours post once things settle down!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Barb, the post above is me---Helen@ Till We Quilt Aagin--have no clue what is happening on my computer

      Delete
  7. It's fun to find your blog today, since I already follow you on Instagram! Congratulations on your retirement! I was able to retire a year ago in May, and it is definitely wonderful! I wish you healing for your knee, and a lovely wedding time. That little baby quilt in your top picture is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you are back! Your blog was one of the first I followed when I became a blogger. Sorry about the knee but you'll be good as new soon-right. My daughter opted for a small wedding when she got married so I can't empathize but it will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your baby quilt! The way you played with the blocks will make for fun tummy time! Pinned it to one of my quilting boards as well as the group board: Quilts, Quilts, Quilts! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that the knee replacement is going better. Great finishes to come back with. The batik table runner showcases that art piece beautifully. Thanks for linking up with TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a very sweet and beautifully bright little quilt! I'm sure your daughter's wedding day will go smoothly after all the detail work that goes into it. Glad your knee is doing okay. Good luck on the return to more regular blogging. I think about doing the same, and then -- squirrel! :) Do you find that it seems you're busier in retirement than when you were working? Hubby retired this year, and although I'm still part-time, that seems to be true around here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you are back and that you knee is healing now. Looking forward to following your posts and quilty creations.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are on the mend, and that you've had time in your sewing space! Not long until the wedding is upon you - may you all enjoy a wonderful celebration. Your thread stand looks quite yummy, by the way!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...