Friday, January 1, 2016

ALYOF 2015 Comes to an End

A funny thing happens over the course of a year. You work on projects, and they're given away, or put to use, or sold, or stashed in a closet. And you forget how many you've actually completed.

After making this collage for the finale of A Lovely Year of Finishes, I was delighted to revisit some of these quilts I've made this year. And, putting them into a collage, it looks pretty sweet!


I only completed 6 months worth of goals this year, but I'm okay with that. It's probably five more than I would have completed without the Goal Setting motivation of ALYOF. I want to thank Melissa and Shanna for sponsoring this the past three years - THANK YOU!  We look forward to seeing what else you fine ladies might have up your sleeves.

Here are the links to my finishes:
January:  Goal and Finish
February:  Goal and Finish
April:  Goal and Finish
June:  Goal and Finish
July:  Goal and Finish
October: Goal and Finish

Well, shoot - guess I didn't link up my April finish.  But I completed it anyway. Oh, well, time always seems to get in the way. I'm still glad that I got six goals completed so I could work on other projects. It's all good!

Happy New Year to everyone, and thanks again, Melissa and Shanna, for all your efforts.

Quilting with a smile,
Barb


10 comments:

  1. Well....you finished about 5 more than I did last year! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! and that's six more than I've completed this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your finishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great projects. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on meeting so many goals!!! Very productive!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a productive year to me! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great year you had! I fizzled out once the summer came however enjoyed it while it lasted for me! Still have not done that tree skirt.
    Your looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job Barbara. I totally forgot to summarize my finishes! Better get on that. 😊
    I'm not sure but I suspect I only hit 6 or 7 of my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful mosaic, I adore the tree skirt especially! Congrats on all those finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your great finishes!! That's such a good idea to revisit what you've made over the course of the year as you're right, it's easy to forget about a quilt, especially if they are given away.
    Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to hear your thoughts!

Remembering All The Little Things

I have let my blog side away in lieu of posting photos and updates over on Instagram. For me, it takes less time, and is a faster way to doc...